Custom headlight upgrades.
So you've read about HID/LED headlamps and have it in mind to convert your car. A few mouse clicks on the web, and you've found a couple of outfits offering to sell you a "conversion" that will fit any car with a given type of halogen bulb. STOP! Put away that credit card. HID/LED headlamps are terrific, and they can offer significant and substantial safety performance advantages over halogen headlamps, but only if they're designed and built as HID/LED headlamps from the start. Installing an "HID/LED kit" in a halogen headlamp isn't an upgrade, it's a large and serious safety downgrade.
What is a headlight retrofit?
- A headlight retrofit is putting an H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) or LED projector into a halogen housing.
Why do a retrofit?
- It is best to do a retrofit instead of just sticking H.I.D.s/LED's into a stock halogen headlight. A halogen headlight is designed to scatter the light of a halogen bulb. If you put a H.I.D./LED bulb into a halogen headlight, it will glare everywhere which will blind people. A H.I.D./LED projector has a cutoff shield which will control the amount of light that comes out.
There are a handful of benefits HID/LED projector lighting will give you over conventional halogen/reflector type lighting:
1. Focused output beam, no glare (safety)
2. Wider coverage area while also brighter (performance)
3. Bi-xenon/BI-LED capabilities (utility) dipped,main beam in one unit.
Focused output beam:
With projector lighting, a metal shield inside the projector creates a uniform focused beam of light that does not allow any stray light (glare) from coming above that line. This line that is formed by the light is called the "cutoff".
Wider and further coverage area:
HID/LED projectors give much greater beam dispersion and width, the outputted light not only travels much further directly in front, but stretches out to each side of the car as well giving you ample side-lighting.
Bi-xenon/BI LED capabilities:
With a Bi-xenon/BI LEDprojector retrofit, you have the capability of running low and high beams all in one unit. High beams are instantaneous as there is no secondary bulb to be fired up. When high beams are engaged, a solenoid is energized inside the projector which drops the cutoff shield and lets light escape above the cutoff, giving you high beams. The original factory halogen bulbs can be left wired up for 4 (quad) high beams (2 bi-xenon/BI LED projectors, 2 oem halogen).
HID/LED Projector retrofitting allows us to convert your current headlights with the best available technology. This highly specialized service we offer involves installing HID/LED projectors into reflector-based headlights, or if the car already comes with projectors, we replace them with ones of better quality and performance. This allows the customer to obtain the absolute best performance available on the market without any compromises. These conversions are hand built by our team on a per order basis so you can count on the attention to detail and high levels of quality.